Sunday, September 13, 2009

Details


Here is a small example of what it takes to make an image shine. Ok, I am all for authenticity and all that, but I do not find the same pleasure in looking at a marred image than I do looking at a clean one. After all, the photographer originally took great care to capture what he thought would be a sexy image within his sense of whatever was 'perfect'. As long as the restoration does not change the photographer's original intention, I think it is fine. There are many things in the photo that my own eye tells me are not contemporary. I don't need imperfections and blots to tell me that. And besides, the man lounging in the background with his arm over the first is so damn sexy..! That is as good a reason as any to bring this picture back to life...

No comments: